terkini

Iklan UTama ISL News TV


 


 



Pelindo, through Regional 3, together with the Pelindo Group, responded quickly to the Flores earthquake relief effort

19/08/26, 14:02 WIB Last Updated 2026-08-19T09:49:22Z



ENDE MAUMERE, EAST NUSA TENGGARA (ISL News) — The impact of the earthquake, which affected several port facilities in the East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) region, particularly Flores Island, has not immediately dampened the resolve of PT Pelabuhan Indonesia (Persero). Now, the Pelindo Group is moving quickly to help communities affected by the disaster, particularly in Flores.


Through collaboration between Pelindo Group entities and coordination with the State-Owned Enterprises Task Force and the local Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), Pelindo Group distributed humanitarian aid. The aid was sent through several channels, including Kupang, Labuan Bajo, Surabaya, and other distribution channels to ensure prompt access to those in need.


The assistance is a contribution from the Pelindo Group in Surabaya, including PT Pelindo Terminal Petikemas (PTP), PT Terminal Petikemas Surabaya (TPS), and PT Pelindo Marine Service (PMS) .


Pelindo 3 Executive Director, Wahyu Widodo , said that the disaster conditions did not reduce Pelindo's commitment to being present to help the affected communities.


"Although several Pelindo port facilities in NTT were also affected by the earthquake, this situation has not diminished our concern and commitment to helping the community. Pelindo is moving quickly, along with other Pelindo Group entities, to collect and distribute aid according to the needs of the affected communities," Wahyu said.


The initial aid was delivered on Monday, August 17, 2026, in Ende and received by the Ende Regency Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) for distribution to affected communities. Meanwhile, on Tuesday, August 18, 2026 , aid is scheduled to be handed over to the local BPBD in Maumere . In addition to the aid that has arrived, several other items are still en route to Ende and Maumere.


The aid distributed includes basic necessities for vulnerable groups, particularly children and the elderly , including blankets and mattresses. This assistance is prepared in coordination with the local Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) to meet the needs of the community and post-disaster evacuees.


Previously, the 7.7 magnitude earthquake that struck East Nusa Tenggara directly impacted several ports operated by Pelindo on Flores Island, disrupting services. Two ports suffered minor damage, including Labuan Bajo and Ende/Ippi, while Maumere was the most severely affected.


With Pelindo's accelerated recovery efforts, the ports that were previously disrupted have now begun to resume normal operational services.


(ISL News Editorial Team/Pelindo Regional 3 Surabaya Public Relations).

Komentar
Komentar sepenuhnya menjadi tanggung jawab komentator seperti diatur dalam UU ITE. #JernihBerkomentar
  • Pelindo, through Regional 3, together with the Pelindo Group, responded quickly to the Flores earthquake relief effort

BERITA TERKINI

TRANSLATE

BANK DATA BERITA ISL NEWS TV

Topik Populer